Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 6 April 2016

From elector to King.... (and these ARE 6mm)

                     As the title suggests, in 1806 Napoleon raised Joseph of Bavaria from elector to king. In return in 1809, to take part in the war against Austria, the king supplied a well armed efficient fighting force of around 22,000 infantry, 4500 cavalry and 12 gun batteries to VII corps under command of Marshal Lefebvre. The Austrians had counted on the Bavarians deserting to their cause. How wrong could they be. This week I finished the final elements to complete the whole corps as it existed in April 1809. I must admit it's with some relief but producing the forces of the allies in miniature has always been something I have aspired to in Napoleonics. I now have the Saxon and Bavarian corps completed, a fact I find very satisfying.

                      I present Lefebvre's VIIth corps. All are 6mm and manufactured in MDF by Commision Figurines apart from the officers that are the beautiful figures from Adler

The final elements are:-


First up a light horse brigade. Until now the cavalry have been conversions but this one is made from commision figurines latest batch of cavalry figures. very splendid. I added carbines and plumes.



The last of the new elements consist of the 2 infantry elements and the horse artillery massed for the purpose of the rules. 







PRESENT ARMS

the corps parades for inspection..


Not a lot to say really. It seems a bit of an anti climax after all the effort it took to reach this point but It was worth it and I can't wait to see them all on the table. 





                     No time to let the weeds grow. VIII corps is next. Wurtemberg!

2 comments:

  1. Surely when one thinks of the army of a minor state during the Napoleonic Wars, that of der Koenig von Bayern must top the list; Bavarians were certainly the first minor state troops I did with my original; and "new" Napoleonic armies. Once again, I love the look of your MDF troops, Robert. Wurttemburgers, and perhaps a base or two of Hessians and Badeners to follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wurtemburgers are being prepped for painting as we speak. The Hessians and Badeners are already under the colours here http://flownlegions.blogspot.com.es/2015/11/massenas-germans.html
      I avoided the allies much in the same way I deferred on the guard. I prefer to have a good solid core of French line before moving to the other types. The scale is important too. I much prefer fielding the corps as opposed to a battalion here and there.

      Delete