Total Pageviews

Thursday, 7 January 2016

You gotta love bicornes.

                      For a while now I have been suggesting to Walt at commision figurines that bicorne troops with backpacks would be nice to represent a lot of troops throughout the period. I also threw in for good measure that greatcoats would be useful too and as a final hint I said his shako troops at march attack look great. So he took me at his word and rolled them all into one useful package . Yeap Bicorne troops with backpacks with muskets at march attack.  They arrived on Xmas eve so I have been a little slow in getting them to the painting table but here they are at last. I think they look splendid and can of course be used as a generic footslogger in many armies of the mid to late Napoleonic wars. Especially as many troops wore them with campaign dress.
                     As I said earlier these could appear in many armies but I chose to make these a Saxon brigade as I am one short for 1809. So here you have them Saxon allies for the French.  I do however have some doubts on these as the Saxons may have still used haversacks in Bavaria Austria but I don't really care so here we are..

First the individual elements.


 The figures are straight from the box with the drums and standards added. I really like these especially with the shouldered muskets. Nice touch in MDF.




Based for Blucher



At the moment I have one massed battery for the Saxons but this feels really unhistorical so in line with our house rule re attached artillery I will probably use one of the inserts for an artillery battery

5 comments:

  1. Nice additions. Suitable for "Marine Artillery" in 1813 as well, I would think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes and for so many troop types in the peninsular, hessians saxons etc etc I am thinking of some nice dark blue imperial guard in campaign dress too. Soon after posting I received a batch of new models to paint and critique in the post. Mainly cavalry in various types of helmet. Beautiful but painful as I have converted a lot of these recently heheheheh

      Delete
  2. Bugger, wish I'd seen these before I ordered some bases & bits & bobs earlier! I can mentally handwave that back pack for a Knap sack :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aye easily. They are good aren't they.

      Delete
    2. They are, and a quick paint to boot as well!

      Really like that shouldered musket :)

      Delete