Total Pageviews

Saturday, 26 December 2015

The boxing day gallop... Huzzah

                          Well here I sit feeling guiltily stuffed with xmas goodies and very little to show for the last couple of weeks. Apart from a quick visit to the new star wars film and some long walks along the beach in our balmy winter here I have achieved very little on wargaming front. I am planning a three table Blucher extravaganza in February but thats another story altogether. So all there is to see is a unit of 6mm MDF French hussars and some of those beautiful TBM buildings in a scenic setting.  Hope you like them.





  
       First up a quick shot of the hussars with the chateau of Ligny . Really nice building.

For the hussars I used a mix of hussars with sheepskin and for the officers hussars with pointed shabraque. I added leopardskins for the colonels etc.





Out of interest I came in quite close to these to show the painted detail. I'm pleased with the results.






 These TBM waterloo buildings really are outstanding. I love the reduced footprint. With this batch I carved off the moulded hedges etc and added greenery from woodland scenics. I really like these.



                   On Xmas eve I received a new batch of figures from Commision Figurines that have really excited me. Bicorn infantry in greatcoats with backpacks with shouldered muskets that are just great. Light cavalry with tarleton helmets and British horse artillery in tarleton. He really is getting good at producing this stuff. painted figures will appear as I have time to do them.

5 comments:

  1. Great looking buildings, and more troops for the table with still more to add to the painting queue!
    A three table extravaganza for February... tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, nicely painted figures and terrain. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, more bicorne wearing troops? I must pop Walt an email ;)

    Looking good - very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WARNING. These are later bicorne troops with Backpacks not knapsacks

      Delete
    2. Hmm, I might grab a pack or two eventually when I work through my "wood mountain"; it makes it much less "it must be miiiine!" If I have to mentally handwave out the backpacks :)

      Delete