Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 27 May 2014

A "Gaggle" of Picts

                     After a lot of thought and planning , I have decided that enough is enough for the Picts . I'm stopping now as I have more than enough for a decent game. So here they are in all their glory!


    These have been the most challenging of the dark age armies so far. the conversion and sculpting needed to get the variety I like in my armies was way beyond my expectations.


    On the positive side , I have learned to work with green stuff and aquired the tools to do so. Whatsmore in my opinion I have an army that is unique and a pleasure to game with.




   I really like the look of this army and look forward to gaming with it






After the effort Spent on this force I feel I really need a change. I'm going to put the irish and Frankish armies on the back burner and surrender to the siren call of 18th century Imagi-nations. More of this at another time.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely work here! They look very impressive when amassed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, well worth the effort.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive painting. But are these 10mm? Are they Kallistra? Checked the Kallistra website and googled 10mm Picts and i'm not finding any company making Picts in 10mm. Are these 15mm maybe? Or conversions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. These are 10mm figures from kallistra but you are correct they don't make picts. All the figures are conversions from their romano-brit, saxon, Norman , 100yrs war and fantasy ranges. If you check earlier posts you will see how they were done. Pendraken do now have a pictish range.

      Delete
  4. The detail is fantastic, looking at doing 10mm Pendraken Pictish for Dux Bellorum. I can only attempt to match what you have done pain-wise but how did you get the shield designs? I have looked for 10mm Pictish/Celtic transfers for the square/rectangular shields but have found nothing.
    Apologies if this has come through twice but wasn't sure the first comment worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid the answer isn't a simple one. I made all the shields from card I think the sizes were 5.5mm and 6.5 mm. Then I contacted the guy Steve at Littlebigmen studios http://www.littlebigmenstudios.co.uk/catalog/ and asked if they could help. He agreed to downsize his 15mm shield sheets to a set size so I gave him my shield sizes and to my amazement he agreed . It costs a little more but it's worth it. You can see the results here http://flownlegions.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/i-love-getting-post.html

      Delete