Total Pageviews

Sunday, 23 March 2014

My brilliant new toy.

 Anyone who paints a lot with acrylics will have experienced the frustration of your paints drying out while your painting. Now my own preference is for paints in dropper bottles that i drip onto a pallette (usually an old plate) The paint in the bottles last much longer than if you use paints from screw or flip top containers. In fact any paints I buy in pots I immediately transfer into dropper bottles I buy on the net. The drying during use still persists and is very annoying. A couple of weeks ago I spotted a post that talked about using a sta-wet pallette and I was so impressed I bought one and a wad of spare paper. Not expensive at all about 20 pounds in all.. If you don't know what that is then check out this you tube video,

wet pallette demonstration


I cannot praise the toy enough. Paints can stay usable on the pallette for days .. Yes I did mean days. The one I bought was not the one in the video but the principle is the same. The one i bought was made by mastersons but is approximately the same size as the one shown. They are absolutely brilliant.For a detailed video of how to use one this video is excellent.

how to use a wet pallette

2 comments:

  1. A very clever idea, I purchased one after reading this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the experience as much as I have. It's a real plaeasure to have so many colours laid out on a palette and all usable. Best purchase I have made in years. the more I use it, the more I like it.

    ReplyDelete